Why Fund Research?
Investing in research may not be sexy and may not provide immediate gratification, but it’s vital to the discovery of better treatments and cures.
Your donations fund the research that explores why children develop brain tumors, how to improve care and produce better outcomes. Because of you, we’re changing the landscape of pediatric cancer.
Less Toxic Treatments, Cures Needed
Pediatric cancer research is 15 years behind adult cancer research. Our kids are our future and worth more! Research has improved care and led to some better outcomes for kids, but there is so much more that needs to be done.
- Brain tumors are the #1 cause of death by all disease in children.
- Cancer kills more children than AIDS, asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and all birth defects combined.
- Every day 13 children are diagnosed with a brain tumor.
- The U.S. Government’s annual research budget, through the National Institute of Health (NIH), gives only 4% to all pediatric cancer research. Adult cancer research gets 96%.
- Pediatric cancer research is 15 years behind adult cancer research.
- Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Gliomas (DIPG) are terminal for every child.
KRF invests in research where experts from various disciplines are collaborating, sharing data and specimens to accelerate discovery and reduce the duplication of efforts. KRF is responsible for over two million dollars in the past twelve years for the pursuit of improving the lives of children with brain tumors.
Supporting research doesn’t’ bring immediate satisfaction. It may take years of research to truly understand the causes of brain tumors and discover better treatments and cures. But funding the collaboration of researchers around the world so they can share their failures and successes is vital and made possible with your donations to The Kortney Rose Foundation.